| #Foodie Fridays, healthy recipes for picky kids - The "Unchippy" Chips
If your kid loves chips, gold fish, crackers or anything crunchy, here is a healthy substitute that provides all the crunch with none of the junk!
Eggplant chips are yummy, crispy and high in antioxidants., manganese, fiber and potassium. This recipe also uses coconut oil, which contains Lauric Acid, used by the body to make the same disease-fighting fatty acid derivative monolaurin that babies make from the lauric acid that they get from breast milk.
- Eggplant, sliced thinly
- Coconut Oil, enough to coat your baking dish
That's it. Quick, easy and nutritious. My toddler gobbled them up!
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Coat a glass baking dish with melted coconut oil and evenly sprinkle salt on the oil
- Arrange eggplant slices in one layer over the oil
- Sprinkle slices with Oregano or any other herb you fancy
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until nice and crispy.